Sunday, November 24, 2013

Madison Street Beauty Haul - Review and Swatches


Quite the haul isn't it?  Madison Street Beauty is another indie brand that I've been hearing a lot about and decided to check out their Etsy page.  Turns out they had a Grab Bag which included 25 eyeshadow samples for only $12.50!  I definitely had to get my hands on them since it was such a great deal.

My package shipped extremely quickly and I got it within a week.  I was surprised at how big the jars were compared to other companys'.

Madison Street Beauty compared to Geek Chic Cosmetics
They also came individually shrink wrapped with a sifter sticker to prevent leakage.  Overall, I was pretty happy with the packaging since nothing leaked, but I must admit that it is a bit bulky.

Caution:  Picture heavy post


I decided to swatch the colors chronologically.  The colors are all numbered so I decided to use that order instead of by color.  I ended up getting a good amount of matte shadows which was nice since I don't really buy mattes.

Stardust
Stardust: shimmery white shadow


Honey Brown
Honey Brown: matte tan


Butterscotch
Butterscotch: matte butter-yellow with silver sparkle


Coral Shimmer
Coral Shimmer: sheer rosy tan with silver sparkles


Black Orchid
Black Orchid: matte black

Stardust, Honey Brown, Butterscotch, Coral Shimmer, Black Orchid
Electric Periwinkle
Electric Periwinkle: matte cobalt


Bonbon
Bonbon: matte warm chocolate brown


Espresso
Espresso: matte dark brown


Taupe Luster
Taupe Luster: metallic taupe


Navy
Navy: matte blue-toned gray

Electric Periwinkle, Bonbon, Espresso, Taupe Luster, Navy
Japanese Lily
Japanese Lily: matte light mauve


Blackberry
Blackberry: matte brown-red


Jungle
Jungle: sheer matte mossy green


Golden Peach
Golden Peach: shimmery light peach


Mint
Mint: extremely shimmery mint

Japanese Lily, Blackberry, Jungle, Golden Peach, Mint
Fern
Fern: sheer matte gray-green


Bronze Sand
Bronze Sand: matte blush


Aquamarine
Aquamarine: shimmery light blue


Tropic
Tropic: sheer matte emerald


Iris
Iris: sheer matte purple

Fern, Bronze Sand, Aquamarine, Tropic, Iris
Tiffany Blue
Tiffany Blue: sheer shimmery Tiffany blue


Mustard
Mustard: matte mustard yellow


Wintergreen
Wintergreen: smooth shimmery gray-green


Rain
Rain: shimmery blue-gray


Wild Mulberry
Wild Mulberry: shimmery pink

Tiffany Blue, Mustard, Wintergreen, Rain, Wild Mulberry

As you can tell, MSB's shimmery shades are a glitter bomb.  Most of the lighter shimmery colors just look silver upon application so I wasn't a fan of those.  However, even though some mattes were sheer, I found myself liking most of them.  I would recommend getting mattes from MSB if you are a first time buyer.

Here is a look I did with some shadows:

Rain on lid, Bonbon on crease, Espresso as liner

Rain on lid, Bonbon on crease, Espresso as liner


I found that these shadows lasted as well as other indie eyeshadows.  The shadows had not creased even after 12 hours of wear.  I did find that the shimmery shade, Rain, applied sheer and almost blended away to nothing on my lid.

I would recommend this Grab Bag because it's a great price.  I'm planning on pressing most of these shadows since the jars are extremely bulky.  I'll be using the jars to hold some loose samples that have proved not to press well (mostly blues).

What has been your experience with Madison Street Beauty?

- Jolie ♥

2 comments:

  1. Madison Street Beauty is a repackager so I've decided not to use them :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I think I read something like that a long time ago and something else about them not doing it anymore. I can't really tell so I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt!

      Delete