Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Ten Three Labs Howl O'Ween Collection - First Impression


Hey everyone, I have an exciting review for you today!  This is my first impression on the newly opened shop - Ten Three Labs!  A user on /r/IMAM had been talking about opening her company and finally did it :)  A huge belated congratulations to you, Cara!  Even though I already have a crap ton of makeup, I decided to scope out the shop and hopefully support a fellow redditor.  So far, the shop carries eyeshadow, salve sticks (lip balms), smudge sticks (tinted lip balms), and perfume oils.  I decided to get the limited Howl O'Ween collection in full size because she had a beautiful wolf on the label (yes, I am that shallow).  The collection consists of three shadows and one perfume.  I decided to pick up a Smudge Stick in All Vamp Everything and a perfume sample in Exorcists of Malignant Devils as well.  

My order came a few days later and it was wonderfully packaged.  Check it out below!



Everything came in the decorative bag above and was sealed with a sticker.  The perfume were all put into a cute potato-sack bag.  What I thought was wonderful was that she included sifters for the three full sized shadows as well!  I rarely use sifters, but I love that she was thoughtful enough to include it.  She included one free shadow sample, perfume sample, a bag of flower seeds, and a cute fortune fish!  I love both the flower seeds and fortune fish because it's not something you see all the time, plus I loved playing with those fortune fish as a child so I'll treasure this one.  

The contents of my order were packed securely as well.  All of my eyeshadow jars and Smudge Stick were shrink wrapped to prevent leakage.  Another great note is that my jars were packed COMPLETELY full, which was surprising and much appreciated.

Unfortunately, my order had some problems.  The perfume sample had no label on it, so I had no idea which one I got.  My Smudge Stick was also overfilled a lot and cracking, so I had no idea how to use it without breaking it off.  I messaged Cara on the subreddit and replied within an hour.  She apologized and offered me a refund or a replacement Smudge Stick.  I accepted a replacement since I really wanted to use the color.  I also asked about the perfume and described the scent to her (as best as I could do since I'm extremely new to perfume) and she was able to answer me with the horrible description I gave haha.  She sent out my replacement in the same day and I got it a few days later.  Along with the replacement stick, I also got the label for the perfume, a salve stick, and two other free shadows!  Top-notch customer service and interacting with her was great.

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Essential Primer (click to enlarge)


Antoinette
Antoinette:  sparkly pale pink




Murasaki
Murasaki:  purple with red microshimmers




Bathory
Bathory:  pigmented matte blood red.  Ugh, I absolutely love this color!  This is the second item I have inspired by Elizabeth Bathory, the Blood Countess.  Her story is very morbid and fascinating.  This eyeshadow is perfect and so pigmented.  I really recommend picking this one up.



Howl O'Ween

Howl O'Ween
Howl O'Ween:  light silver green with orange sheen.  I was actually very surprised at this color because I expected a pumpkin orange color (probably because of the label art).  It's a very nice shimmery color that has nice pigmentation.




Mouth
Mouth:  shimmery plum.  I really like this color, and not just because of the cute wolf.  I don't really like purples, but it's more red than purple.  I can't wait to use this.




That Goat's Got Devil Eyes!
That Goat's Got Devil Eyes!:  charcoal base with purple shimmer.  This one applied a bit patchy, so I would recommend a sticky base to keep the color stuck down.




All Vamp Everything
All Vamp Everything:  dark blood red with cinnamon scent.  It has a slight tingle which I like and leaves a slight brown stain.




Nightlock
Nightlock:  berry scented.  This is oily and slick; it reminds me of Notoriously Morbid's Coffin Kissers.

Daylight:  Antoinette, Murasaki, Bathory, Howl O'Ween, Mouth, That Goat's Got Devil Eyes!, All Vamp Everything
Flash:  Antoinette, Murasaki, Bathory, Howl O'Ween, Mouth, That Goat's Got Devil Eyes!, All Vamp Everything



Fair Season
Fair Season:  spicy, incense-y caramel (in the jar).  I haven't worn it yet, so I don't know what other scents will appear on my skin.



Exorcists of Malignant Devils
Exorcists of Malignant Devils:  fruity and juicy (in the jar).




Artificial Angels
Artificial Angels:  cherry candy (in the jar).

Overall, I'm extremely satisfied and happy with my order and customer service from Ten Three Labs.  Their shadows have good pigmentation and the Salve Sticks have been raved about all across the indie board.  I can't speak on behalf of the perfume oils because I'm new at them, but I like most of what I got.  If you have extra money in your budget, I really recommend giving Ten Three Labs a chance.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment