Thursday, July 31, 2014

Victorian Disco Cosmetics Mini Haul - Swatches and Review

I have a small Victorian Disco haul to share with you today!  I made a pretty huge haul from them awhile ago, so I haven't felt the need to order anything new.  They were having a really good sale since they were moving to Florida and had to get rid of old labels.  I decided to pick up some sample jars of colors I really liked/wanted to try and sample baggies of their Clow Blushes.  Since this is a short swatch post, I'll get right on it!

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatches done over ELF Essential Primer (click to enlarge)

PS I Enjoy Acid Pops
PS I Enjoy Acid Pops:  shimmery mint green




Patronuses, Patronuses Everywhere
Patronuses, Patronuses Everywhere:  shimmery dark silver



The Dream
The Dream:  pale pink blush with white sparkles.  I didn't think this would show up on my skin because of how light the color was.  I wore it out one day and was right; I will probably give this to my paler friend.




Dragon Flame
Dragon Flame:  fiery coral with pink sparkles

Daylight:  PS I Enjoy Acid Pops, Patronuses Patronuses Everywhere, The Dream, Dragon Flame
Flash:  PS I Enjoy Acid Pops, Patronuses Patronuses Everywhere, The Dream, Dragon Flame


Sin'Dorei
Sin'Dorei:  shimmery tan with red sheen.  This was a repurchase as I loved the sample I got of it in my first order.  It's also one of their best sellers and I can see why.  I see myself buying at least a jar or two if Ashley ever decides to retire it!




Artist's Cottage
Artist's Cottage:  matte dark brown base with green shimmers




Slugs
Slugs:  dark brown base with lots of green shimmer.  This is nearly identical to Artist's Cottage, but with a more prominent green sheen.  I wouldn't say you need both, but if I were to pick one, I'd definitely pick Slugs.




Lulu
Lulu:  matte blackened purple base with purple and blue sparkles.  This is part of the Crystalline Affections collection that was released on Valentine's Day.  I held off on getting this because I thought I had similar shadows in my collection.  Lulu is one of my favorite characters from Final Fantasy; I love the character conception and her outfits.  However, I would have had to buy her counterpart, Wakka, as well and I didn't really want an orange eyeshadow.  (I actually bought Wakka recently when VDC had a huge sale, so I thought I might as well complete the coupling...)

Daylight:  Sin'Dorei, Artist's Cottage, Slugs, Lulu
Flash:  Sin'Dorei, Artist's Cottage, Slugs, Lulu

This was a really small order, but I'm really glad I finally bit the bullet and bought Lulu.  I'd been regretting it a bit when I didn't pick it up the first time around.  I've used it several times to darken up eye looks.  Also, as you can see in the group swatches, Artist's Cottage and Slugs are very, very similar.  AC is slightly darker brown and Slugs has more green shimmers.  Whichever you choose to buy is all down to personal preference as both shades are very beautiful.  I'm still really excited about Sin'Dorei; it looks so much better in real life than what my swatches show!  If you plan on ordering from VDC anytime soon, please get this color!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment