Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Hello Waffle 1st Anniversary Haul - Swatches and Review


I have a very small haul/swatchpost for you guys today :)  Hello Waffle Cosmetics recently released a full matte collection inspired by hilarious adult cartoon Archer.  Since HW was having an anniversary sale, I decided to pick up a few colors including some lip glosses which I hadn't tried from them yet.

They actually released a gloss inspired by the Pantone color of the year - Marsala, and that sold out SO quickly and I was super bummed.  Christine generously included one in my order because she's amazing and upgraded my Hisster Prynne mini to a full sized jar!  

Pictures taken in daylight and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom half)

Mother
Mother:  matte blue gray.  I got this to use as a blending shade for my smoky eyes.




The Great Catsby
The Great Catsby:  cornflower blue with green sheen and gold sparkles.  This is an absolutely stunning shade inspired by one of my favorite novels in high school.




Hisster Prynne
Hisster Prynne:  shimmery crimson with a pink sheen.  I love this color.  I used it in a super quick EOTD all over the lid with Shades of Red in the crease and my friends loved it.  I need to recreate it so I can take pictures this time, they were so blendable and amazing!




Franz Katfka
Franz Katfka:  dark brown base with green sheen and gold sparkles




Shades of Red
Shades of Red:  black base with red sheen and blue sparkles, over glitter glue it becomes a shimmery mulberry with blue sparkles.  I definitely recommend using this over a glitter adhesive because it makes a big difference!  I got this shade as a GWP and it's inspired by my favorite character in Adventure Time - Marceline!  I sure hope Christine comes out with a full AT collection because the setting is so colorful and fun :)




Sweet Tea
Sweet Tea:  peach with pink shimmer.  This is a very beautiful and blendable blush shown over bare skin.  I believe it was in the sale/clearance section so I grabbed it.  I've worn it several times with darker eye looks and love how wearable it is!

Daylight:  Mother, The Great Catsby, Hisster Prynne, Franz Katfka, Shades of Red, Sweet Tea


A Tale of Two Kitties
A Tale of Two Kitties:  pigmented currant with cupcake scent.  I've been a fan of HW's balms ever since their first releases and love that it's back!  Obviously I couldn't resist a "vampy" color and it's as moisturizing as ever.




It's Mauvelous!
It's Mauvelous!:  pigmented light mauve gloss.  It's a bit too light for my skintone, so I have to apply it in thin layers to avoid washing out my face.  The gloss consistency is thin and comfortable.  I'm actually wearing it today with another red shirt...I wonder if that's my go-to gloss for reds, hm..




Marsala.
Marsala.:  extremely pigmented dried blood colored gloss.  I would say it's more brown than marsala, but the formula is amazing.  This is so pigmented that I'd actually consider it a liquid lipstick, one pull from the tube is more than enough to fill my lips.  I found it lasted 7 hours with no fading, but I did experience feathering after 3-4 hours, so a lip liner may help.

Daylight:  A Tale of Two Kitties, It's Mauvelous!, Marsala.
Overall, I really loved my small haul!  Hello Waffle's lip products blew my mind yet again.  Her glosses are awesome and so, so pigmented.  I do recommend both glosses, especially It's Mauvelous! for fairer skin tones.  Marsala. was such a standout though, that opacity was something else, even though it faded after a few hours, I'd definitely recommend it.  Also, if Sweet Tea blush is still availabe, go get it!  This was my first blush from HW as well and I absolutely loved the formula.  I guess bottom line is just try everything in their line, haha.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment