Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Aromaleigh Cosmetics Feast of Lupercal Swatches


Today I have swatches over another one of Aromaleigh's limited edition collections - Feast of Lupercal!  This collection is available until March 15 and is inspired by the Roman festival Lupercalia".  The colors in this collection can also serve as Valentine colors (even though it's long passed, sorry guys!).  I received four free samples as well, three of which will be swatched at the end of this post because I'd swatched another one in a previous post.  I was quite pleased with the pigmentation and texture for most of the collection except one which I will get to later.

Pictures taken in daylight and swatched over Notoriously Morbid's Shadow Bind (top half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom half)

Lucina
Lucina:  sheer ivory base with gold glitter and pink shimmers.  I believe this is to be used as an 'overshadow', meaning you layer it over other shadows to make them more glittery.  It was slightly patchy over a sticky base, so it's good that you're supposed to just layer it over something else.




Rumina
Rumina:  beautiful light blush with blue shimmers




Vestales
Vestales:  pretty lavender with gold and pink shimmers




Februata
Februata:  rose with gold sparkles




Faunus
Faunus:  shimmery ocean green with red shimmer

Daylight:  Lucina, Rumina, Vestales, Februata, Faunus




Caprotina
Caprotina:  taupe with multicolored sparkles




Feronia
Feronia:  pretty plum with pink sparkles




Luperci
Luperci:  raisin with blue sparkles




Juno
Juno:  blackened purple with blue and red shimmers.  This was the color that disappointed me; it was patchy over a sticky base and sheer over an non-sticky one.  No matter what I tried, I could not get the shadow to look good on me.  I've read other reviews and swatches with people who didn't have a problem, so I might have gotten a bad batch.




Trivia
Trivia:  blackened purple with pink and blue sparkles

Daylight:  Caprotina, Feronia, Luperci, Juno, Trivia



Free Samples

Chupacabra
Chupacabra:  scarlet with gold and blue shimmers.  I found this a little patchy over a sticky base, but I really love the color itself.




Trance
Trance:  extremely pigmented metallic brass.  This one completely stunned me in the bag.  It looked so pigmented, like liquid gold.  It did not disappoint when swatching; it's not a color I would normally wear, but the pigmentation impressed me so much that I couldn't help but not love it.




Giacinta
Giacinta:  bright blue with silver shimmers

Daylight:  Chupacabra, Trance, Giacinta

No comments:

Post a Comment