Wednesday, December 25, 2013

December Ipsy - Celebration Bag


I'm finally posting an Ipsy bag sort of in time!  The theme for December is celebration and it's my favorite bag yet.  When I say favorite bag, I only mean the bag and not the contents haha.




This month's bag has a shiny black quilted design, which is in style right now.  It also has a side zipper instead of a top zipper.  The quality feels and looks a lot better than the normal bags and I feel like this is the one you can actually use as a clutch.  I'm definitely in love with this bag.

Nicka K New York Nail Color in 'Ripe Apple'
Nicka K New York Nail Color:  I got the color Ripe Apple, which is a classic red polish.  It's very pretty and the bottle looks nice too.  The only gripe I have about this is that the name was not labeled on the bottle and I had to search the Ipsy website for the name.


POP Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eyeshadow Trio in 'Smokin' Hot'
POP Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eyeshadow Trio:  The color I received was Smokin' Hot, which is a classic smoky eyeshadow trio.  I wasn't very happy with this since I have a bunch of smoky quads already.  The case was hard to open and ended up chipping my nail polish.  The colors were shimmery white with white glitter, shimmery gray with silver glitter, and satin black with white glitter.  The lighter shades were soft while the black shadow was hard.  All shades in this trio were sheer.


NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in 'Sky Pink'
NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick:  I was excited to receive this in my Ipsy bag as I've heard good things about NYX's lipsticks.  The color I got was Sky Pink which is a light bubblegum pink shade.  It did not look good on me at all.  I suspect this would look great on someone with fair skin.  It's a shame because the formula is pretty nice and creamy, but I don't see myself reaching for this ever again.


Be a Bomshell The One Stick in 'Flustered'
Be a Bombshell The One Stick:  This is a three in one stick - lipstick, blush, and cream eyeliner.  Flustered is a red with gold glitter and I don't see myself wearing this on my eyes at all.  I've only tried this on my cheeks but it's a little hard to blend.  This might work better as a lipstick only, but I'm not a fan of the gold glitter.


English Laundry Signature Fragrances
English Laundry Signature Fragrances:  Two scents were given, one in Signature for him and Signature for her.  I was initially skeptical about receiving fragrances because it's a huge hit-or-miss.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that I enjoyed both fragrances!  I also didn't realize that one was for men so I can give one to my fiance :)

POP Beauty trio, NYX lipstick, and Be a Bombshell stick

I'm not getting the celebration theme from the products in the bag; it seems more like Classic Beauty to me with the smoky eye, red lips and red nails.  I will probably end up giving away the eyeshadow and lipstick to one of my friends.  The only things I see myself using from this bag are the One Stick, Signature fragrances, and nail polish.  Oh, and let's not forget that gorgeous bag!  I really cannot gush enough about the bag, like I said before, even if you don't like the products in your bag, I find Ipsy to be really worth it for the bags themselves.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment