Friday, January 25, 2013

E.L.F. Nail Polish in Red Velvet

I decided to try out Elf's Red Velvet this week; it seems like more of a holiday color because of the color and shimmer, but I'm still on vacation so why not?

Red Velvet isn't sold on elf's website anymore, but it came in the 14-piece set that I purchased a few weeks before.  As I have mentioned, the nail polishes in the two sets I bought are not that great.  Elf may have a new and improve formula for the full-sized bottles, but I don't think they use the same formula for their sets.

The color is a very beautiful light shimmery red color, it almost has a pink hint to it.  It reminds me more of Dorothy's ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz than it does a red velvet cake.

 Red Velvet with flash (looks more rich red than it actually is)


Red Velvet without flash (captures the light red/pink color better)

The color itself was very beautiful, and I got many compliments on it.  However, the formula itself was a mess.  It applies quite thick and dries a little quicker than expected; if you try to put multiple coats before it dries, it turns extremely goopy.  The only good thing about the formula is that, even if it applies unevenly, it will even itself out on your nail.

Bottom line: Thick, goopy formula.  Beautiful color, but I recommend finding a dupe for the color.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment