Saturday, January 19, 2013

Wet n Wild Wild Shine Nail Polish in Blue Moon!

Whew, that title sure was something!  My friend had told me my blog was something more of an elf endorsement and I should try some other brands.  I feel that way too, but I'm unsure of other drugstore brands and nothing beats elf's prices!  She recommended me some similar priced nail polishes that required less coats for opacity and were also long-lasted.

So I set out to my nearest drugstore to find some of the brands she mentioned.  She had recommended Wet n Wild polishes first, and described a specific bottle but I can't remember.  Among others she named Milani, Sally Hansen, and OPI.  I looked through the makeup aisles at my drugstore and decided to try Wet n Wild first because it was the cheapest.


I bought other things alone with the nail polish, as you can see.  I also purchased Wet n Wild's Megalash Clinical Serum and NYC Skin Matching Foundation in "687 Light to Medium".  The Megalash Clinical Serum is supposed to make your lashes grow longer and more voluminous in 4 weeks.  I'm on my first week so I will do a separate review when I'm done.

I also tried the foundation and found that it matched my skin tone, thankfully.  However, it didn't spread as evenly and stuck on to spots where I had dry skin.  I supposed I should have exfoliated beforehand or applied face primer but I'll experiment more and maybe review later.  It also provided light coverage and felt like a tinted moisturizer instead.

The nail polish was $1, lash serum $7 and foundation was $4.  Pretty good steal, assuming all of them work.



I bought the color in Blue Moon, it's a gorgeous deep blue with green glitter.  At first, I thought it was a regular dark shimmery blue polish, but as I held it up to the light, it gave of a green sheen.  It was so beautiful I knew I had to get it, and why not for a dollar?

As you can see, this is the from the Wild Shine collection; there was another Wet n Wild polish called the Fast Dry, but that was $2 and I didn't see any colors I liked.


It only took one coat of this to achieve opacity.  I'm hoping you can see the hint of green from the picture, but it does not do this color justice.  It looks like a plain dark blue in person, but in an area with good lighting, you can see the blue-green and it's mesmerizing.

The formula was decent and applied easily.  I have nothing bad to say about this polish so I recommend you to try this out.  The only downside was the slow drying time, I feel like it took at least 15 minutes, which was surprising.  But I'll definitely be trying out more Wet n Wild polishes in the future so stay tuned!

Bottom line: Good, inexpensive polish.  Good formula and color pay-off.  Takes long to dry, but would still recommend.

Have you tried any other drugstore polishes?  If so, do you have any recommendations for me?  

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment