Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Notoriously Morbid June 2015 Vanishing Cabinet - Beyond the Goblin City Swatches


Today I have swatches of Notoriously Morbid's Labyrinth inspired Vanishing Cabinet.  It comes with four shadows, a solid perfume sample, and a shadow by guest indie, Corvus Cosmetics.  I love both NM and Corvus, so I was very excited for this box.  I have to admit that I've never watched Labyrinth before, but hearing people rave about it made me download and start.  I'm only halfway through and it's a bit hard for me to finish, but I'm getting there.  The movie's a tiny bit awkward for me and I think I would have enjoyed it more if I were younger.  

Happy birthday VC!


Pictures taken in daylight and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


You Have No Power
You Have No Power:  pale pink with silver shimmers




Noble Sirs
Noble Sirs:  gray lavender with red microshimmers




Say Your Right Words
Say Your Right Words:  gorgeous tan with strong pink duochrome




Don't Defy Me
Don't Defy Me:  spruce blue with green sheen and silver sparkles




Fire Gang
Fire Gang:  flamingo pink with gold sheen.  Gorgeous duochrome shadow from Corvus Cosmetics created exclusively for this VC.  Corvus is another one of my favorite brands so I was very excited.  I don't wear pinks very often, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the silky and pigmented texture of their shadows!




The World Falls Down
The World Falls Down:  NM's first solid perfume!  I believe the owner used to make perfumes but stopped when NM started, so this was very special to her.  Throughout my indie journey, I still haven't gotten into perfumes so I can't describe this well.  It smells floral to me and that's about all I can pick up with my amateur nose.


You Have No Power, Noble Sirs, Say Your Right Words, Don't Defy Me, Fire Gang

Since getting into indies, I've developed a huge love for jewel toned shades (especially greens) and have kind of tossed aside my neutrals.  This VC was pretty cool-toned neutral but I really enjoyed it!  I think the colors go well together and would make a great look.  I can see myself wearing You Have No Power, Noble Sirs, and Don't Defy Me together for a cool eye look, or You Have No Power, Fire Gang, and Say Your Right Words for a more warm eye look.  I look forward to finishing the movie and hoping I come to love it as much as everyone else does.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment