Sunday, February 9, 2014

Detrivore Cosmetics - First Impression and Swatches


Hi everyone!  I have a review from Detrivore Cosmetics for you today.  This is actually very belated since I ordered during Black Friday; it took a long time to ship but I didn't mind.  Detrivore always gets rave reviews, so I wanted to try them out.  I ordered 7 samples only and it took a few weeks to get here because the owner was having personal problems.  The problems have been resolved now and the company is now being helped out by Shiro Cosmetics.

I really like the overall theme of this company; it seems to deal with all things macabre and creepy.  It's right up my alley, as is Notoriously Morbid.

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Essential Primer (click to enlarge)


Scar
Scar:  lavender with pink shimmer.  This is very pretty and reminds me of Shiro's "Master of Whispers" and Notoriously Morbid's "Forgotten Dreams".  I'm hoping to do some side-by-side swatches sometime soon.




Killjoy
Killjoy:  matte rusty brick red with gold sparkle.  Detrivore is actually known for their amazing mattes and it's easy to see why!  This is very pigmented and soft.




Disturbance
Disturbance:  shimmery burgundy that leans more red.  It's extremely beautiful and pigmented.




Livor Mortis
Livor Mortis:  dark purple with rainbow shimmer.  I think this is one of their best-sellers and now I know why!  This is absolutely gorgeous and my favorite from the bunch.




Pathos
Pathos:  shimmery gray blue




Crocodilia
Crocodilia:  shimmery light green with green sparkles




Putrid
Putrid:  shimmery forest green

Daylight:  Scar, Killjoy, Disturbance, Livor Mortis, Pathos, Crocodilia, Putrid
Flash:  Scar, Killjoy, Disturbance, Livor Mortis, Pathos, Crocodilia, Putrid
The texture of these shadows were all silky and pigmented.  The shades themselves are beautiful and I'm really digging the names.  The site is closed for now, while it makes its move over to Shiro's site.  When that opens up again, I'll probably be making another order :)

- Jolie ♥

2 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! The red and purple are extra gorgeous. :)

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! I'm so in love with Livor Mortis :) I know my camera didn't pick up the shimmers very well, but they are definitely noticeable; it's not a flat dark purple. I really recommend checking them out once they reopen on the Shiro site!

      Delete