Thursday, October 24, 2013

August Ipsy Bag - Glamour Academy


For the month of August, Ipsy's theme was Glamour Academy.  They send out four to five products inside a purple bag with an Ipsy coat of arms stamped in gold.

I know it looks like I only received four products, but I had actually gotten five.  I got the NYX cream blush, Pixi Beauty mascara, Noya lip balm, Mica Beauty eyeshadow in Bronze, and Michael Todd's Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub.  However, I had really wanted to try Urban Decay's lipsticks so I traded another Ipsy subscriber for it.



Urban Decay Lipstick in 69
Urban Decay 69:  It's a really pretty pink red that goes on very pigmented and moisturizing.  I was really surprised at how small the sample was but I should have expected it.  The packaging is very sleek and sturdy.

NYX Cream Blush in Hot Pink
NYX Cream Blush:  I got this in the color Hot Pink.  I was initially disappointed because I don't like cream products as I find them oily.  After swatching and using this, I found out I really liked it.  It is very pigmented but also blends away very easily.

Noya Lip Balm in Cherry and Pixi Beauty Lash Booster Mascara
Noya Lip Balm:  I got this instead of the UD lipstick and was not happy at all.  I'm a Chapstick fanatic and have tons of lip balms at home.  Furthermore, it was cherry flavored which I absolutely hated!  It's clear with a pretty strong cherry scent.  I did not like this formula at all as I am extremely picky about my lip balms.  Noya is very oily and thin and does not absorb into my lips at all.  They just sit on top of my lips and makes them peel.

Pixi Beauty mascara:  I really liked this mascara.  It has a slightly curved brush which I'm not sure actually does anything but the formula is great.  It was more of a wet formula and coated my lashes without clumping them.  It also separated my lashes and held the curl.

Flash:  NYX cream blush in Hot Pink and Urban Decay 69

I really liked this month's bag; the color was very pretty to me and I'm happy to have it in my collection.  I also enjoyed most of my contents even before the trade.  Out of all these products, I've used the mascara the most and would definitely recommend it.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment