Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Notoriously Morbid May 2016 CotM, CCCotM and Necropolis Mystic Matte Swatches


I have another short swatch post of Notoriously Morbid's recent releases.  Their TAT is currently 5-10 business days and I got my package within that time frame.  I bought their Color of the Month, which was a duo Mystic Matte lipstick inspired by Shakespear Sister's song, Stay.  I also bought the Customer Created Color of the Month, an eyeshadow inspired by The Last Unicorn.  I had actually ordered a duplicate of my favorite transition shade, Logic Boy, and Carrie (NM's owner) let me switch it out.  I requested a sample/mini of any upcoming Mystic Matte shade and Carrie ended up generously upgrading it to a full size!

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


The Lady Amalthea
The Lady Amalthea:  pale pink with tons of blue and gold sparkles.  This was the CCCotM inspired by The Last Unicorn.






Bare lips

Think of Me

Think of Me on face
Think of Me:  opaque medium pink with slight blue sheen.  I really like the formula for this one, it's very thin and comfortable, yet applies evenly.  I had no problems putting this on and the blue sheen is subtle, but definitely shows up.






Break the Spell

Break the Spell on face
Break the Spell:  moderately opaque gray purple with tons of pink and blue sparkles.  This one is absolutely gorgeous!  I waited until it was fully dry until I pressed my lips together to bring out the sparkle.  They definitely show up well, so if sparkles are your thing, definitely get this duo.






Necropolis

Necropolis on face
Necropolis:  opaque gray lilac.  This is one of the new unreleased colors that Carrie sent me.  It's actually a bit harder for me to pull off because of my coloring (it makes me look a bit more yellow).  However, I'm able to pull this off with a full face of makeup and smokier eyes!  


The Lady Amalthea, Think of Me, Break the Spell, Necropolis

I really enjoyed this month's Colors of the month and really recommend the duo wand.  I think both shades are beautiful and unique!  They retire after the end of the month, so there are only a few more days to get them.  I'm even more excited for the release of EIGHT new Mystic Matte liquid lipsticks!  Necropolis is one of them and Absolute, which I've shown in a previous post, is another.  Take a look on NM's FB page (Notoriously Morbid's Customer's Crypt) to check out the other beautiful shades.  They'll be releasing on Friday 10AM EST along with a Tribute Trio inspired by The Cure!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment