Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Corvus Cosmetics Major Arcana Collection Swatches and Review!


Corvus Cosmetics recently released a 22 eyeshadow collection based on Tarot's Major Arcana!  I recently bought Welcome to Night Vale's Tarot deck and put the corresponding cards next to their eyeshadows.  I've been interested in Tarot since I was young but never got into it, so this was a pretty good stepping stone into actually learning.  I also recently became an official promoter for Corvus, which means they send me products to swatch, review, and/or create looks.  All of these samples were sent to me for free, but all of my opinions will be honest like always.  You all know even if I didn't get this for free, I would've bought them in a heartbeat ;)  Corvus has one of my absolute favorite eyeshadow formulas and the owner, Noel, constantly comes out with beautiful colors.

This post will only show swatches of the colors; I've created a few eye looks using the shades and those are posted onto my Facebook page here!  Follow that page for FotDs, EotDs, and blog updates :)

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


The Fool
The Fool:  white with silver and red shimmers




Judgement
Judgement:  pale yellow with gold and red shimmers




The Lovers
The Lovers:  ballerina pink with gold shimmer




The Devil
The Devil:  satin nude.  This is actually a better nude/blending shade for me than Skinwalker is because it's slightly darker.  I remember this being one of the standouts while swatching because of the color, blendability, and pigmentation.




Justice
Justice:  greige base with gold sparkles




Temperance
Temperance:  chartreuse with gold sparkles




The Empress
The Empress:  pink with blue sparkles




The Chariot
The Chariot:  gold with gold sparkles


The Fool, Judgement, The Lovers, The Devil, Justice, Temperance, The Empress, The Chariot




The Sun
The Sun:  orange gold with gold and red shimmers




Wheel of Fortune
The Wheel of Fortune:  dark orange with gold sparkles and red shimmers




The Tower
The Tower:  satin khaki with gold shimmers




The World
The World:  aquamarine with blue and gold shimmers




The High Priestess
The High Priestess:  purple with red shimmers




Strength
Strength:  beautiful pomegranate with gold sparkles and red shimmers




The Emperor
The Emperor:  merlot base with green and gold sparkles.  ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.


The Sun, The Wheel of Fortune, The Tower, The World, The High Priestess, Strength, The Emperor




The Magician
The Magician:  beautiful deep red with red shimmers




The Hanged Man
The Hanged Man:  dark brown with red and gold shimmers




The Hierophant
The Hierophant:  beautiful deep green with blue shimmers.  This is the sort of color I would expect a majestic dragon to sport ♥  




The Star
The Star:  beautiful ocean blue with gold and red shimmers .  This is quite possibly my favorite color out of the collection.  I'm not sure why it captured me as much as it did, but I find the combination of base shade and shimmers very unique.  It's also stunningly silky and works well over a regular non-sticky primer.  Maybe it reminds me a little bit of Van Gogh's Starry Night and that's why I absolutely love it to death.




The Moon
The Moon:  blue with silver shimmers.  I really love this color as well!  I think Noel does a really good job with finding a balance between the color to shimmer ratio, neither overtake the other but blend together to produce a really beautiful effect.  I also love how it does remind me of the moon and matches my card colors.




The Hermit
The Hermit:  charcoal with silver sparkles and shimmers




Death
Death:  satin brown black with red shimmers.  I've been using this as an outer corner shade to deepen some eye looks and really enjoy it!


The Magician, The Hanged Man, The Hierophant, The Star, The Moon, The Hermit, Death

Overall, I absolutely love this collection and the eyeshadow formula!  Since Noel perfected her formula a long time ago, I know I can expect good eyeshadows no matter the shade.  It's also nice that this collection features several different finishes ranging from satin to shimmery.  A few standouts for me were The Devil, Justice, Strength, The Emperor, The Hierophant, The Star, and The Moon.  I know that's a good amount of standouts, but the collection is quite large!  The Major Arcana collection is a seasonal collection that's available from September through April.  Since it was recently released, it might be available or a bit longer, but I strongly recommend buying if you see anything you might like!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment