Friday, February 26, 2016

Innocent + Twisted Alchemy February 2016 Subscription Swatches


I have a very exciting swatch post today!  This month's February subscription box from Innocent + Twisted Alchemy was inspired by The Phantom of the Opera.  Phantom is my favorite musical so far and I love all the songs in it.  I was lucky enough to be able to watch it last year and haven't gotten it out of my mind ever since!  This month's box included two eyeshadows, one highlighter, and one Lippie Slick, along with several guest indies.  Coincidentally, I had the original cast recording of Phantom playing as I was swatching and taking pictures, so it really put me in the mood!  The label art is created by StrawberryMilkMade and features the Phantom's mask as well as a rose.

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Paper Faces on Parade
Paper Faces on Parade:  orange gold with gold sparkles




Sing, Sing for Me!
Sing, Sing for Me!:  plum base with green duochrome




Prima Donna
Prima Donna:  ivory highlighter with pink and gold sheen




One Love, One Lifetime
One Love, One Lifetime:  metallic red with red and gold shimmers.  This is a very thin and liquidy formula but it went on completely opaque and was very comfortable to wear.




Judgement
Judgement:  pale yellow with gold and red shimmers.  This is a sample from Corvus Cosmetics' recent Major Arcana collection.  I will be swatching that entire collection soon.




Maiden
Maiden:  lavender with gold sparkles.  This is a sample from Esoteric Aesthetic created exclusively for this sub.




Red Death
Red Death:  beautiful opaque red orange.  This is a sample from Howl Cosmetics created exclusively for this sub.  I fell in love with the color immediately and had to compare it with my other indie reds.  Thankfully, I had nothing too similar and emailed the owner about purchasing a full size.


Paper Faces on Parade, Sing Sing for Me!, Prima Donna, One Love One Lifetime, Judgement, Maiden, Red Death

I'm extremely happy with this month's box because of both the theme and products included.  Sing, Sing for Me! is a beautiful duochrome and I'm in love with both lip colors.  I'm a huge sucker for reds and these were no exception.  I sure hope Howl has some full sizes left of Red Death and I'm considering buying a full size of One Love, One Lifetime as well.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment