Friday, October 2, 2015

AFK Cosmetics Round Table Collection Swatches


I'm excited to bring you swatches of AFK Cosmetics' newest collection - Round Table!  It's inspired by the film, Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  I'm a huge Arthurian buff; I had to watch it in high school and really loved it!  My fiance purchased this set for me as an anniversary gift and I had to get the full size for the adorable labels.  The label artwork were all hand drawn by the owner and match the movie references really well.  I recently rewatched the movie just to get caught up with everything.

Awesome snowman drawing; thanks Dena!

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


That Rabbits Dynamite!
That Rabbits Dynamite!:  shimmery ivory with pink sheen and gold sparkles




Bring Out Your Dead!
Bring Out Your Dead!:  dark taupe with silver shimmers




Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow
Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow:  milk chocolate with silver microshimmers




...Tim?
...Tim?:  brown with gorgeous gold and pink sparkles




Ni!
Ni!:  emerald with gold shimmer




Black Beast of Arrghhh!
Black Beast of Arrghhh!:  shimmery dark ocean blue


That Rabbits Dynamite!, Bring Out Your Dead!, Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow, ...Tim?, Ni!, Black Beast of Arrghhh!




Holy Hand Grenade
Holy Hand Grenade:  pale gold highlighter with gold sparkles




Your Father Smelt of Elderberries
Your Father Smelt of Elderberries:  satin dusty mauve blush




Witches are Made of Wood
Witches are Made of Wood:  dusty rose with gold microshimmer.  The gloss has a mousse like texture.




'Tis But a Scratch
'Tis But a Scratch:  currant red with red microshimmer.  This gloss has a mousse like texture as well.

Holy Hand Grenade, Your Father Smelt of Elderberries, Witches are Made of Wood, 'Tis But a Scratch

Overall, I really love everything about the Round Table collection!  From the adorable label art, to beautiful eyeshadows, to wonderful mousse-like glosses.  Everything was nicely pigmented, comfortable, and followed the theme well.  I've been excited for this collection ever since AFK snuck a peek of it a few months ago and it did not disappoint.  I look forward to more awesome collections from them!

- Jolie ♥

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jolie, I just wanted to tell you that I'm looking at indie eyeshadow swatches, and I found your blog. This is really helpful and beautifully done! Thank you for all of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my blog helped! If you have any questions about indie brands at all, let me know.

      Delete
  2. Wow, the theme of this collection is seriously awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I'd been eagerly anticipating the collection for weeks and was not disappointed at all when I received it!

      Delete