Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Ipsy August 2014 - Beauty Schooled


It's time for another Ipsy review!  The theme for the month of August is "Beauty Schooled", and I suppose the products are supposed to give you a "no-makeup makeup" look that's suitable for school.  All the products I got in this bag were either colorless, or very lightly colored.  The bag was also very cute, it's round and looks like an adorable pencil case.  I think I enjoyed this month's bag a little more than last month's.  I received five products and at least two were full-sized.

Pictures were taken under daylight bulb and swatches were done over bare skin (click to enlarge)


Cute pencil case styled bag


Dry Shampoo
Dry Shampoo:  This is a dry shampoo from Klorane.  I do enjoy getting dry shampoo because I feel like it's something that I might actually use.  I tried it once (half-heartedly because my hair wasn't that dirty) and I don't feel like it did anything.  Admittedly, I don't have much experience with dry shampoo as I find most don't work and baby powder works a lot better.  I look forward to giving this more tries since I don't wash my hair every day.




Pore refiner primer
Primer:  This was a sample from Dr. Brandt.  I don't know why this was included in my bag as I don't use face products, especially not primers.  I also don't have visible pores, so I might give this to my friends.




Lip Balm
Anti-aging Lip Conditioner:  This was a lip balm from Jersey Shore Sun.  I've never heard of this brand before and I was really sick of getting lip balms.  However, I decided to open it and it smelled delicious!  I got it in the scent Mandarin Green Orange Ginger.  It smells a lot like orange zest and I love it.  The texture is thin and slippery, not something that works well with my lips.  I prefer a waxier, thicker texture, but I know this texture works for plenty of other people.




Mascara
Perversion Mascara:  This was a mascara sample from Urban Decay.  I was extremely happy to receive this sample because Urban Decay is one of the companies I want to try but don't have enough money to do so.  This mascara works well for lengthening, but not volumizing.  I haven't experienced any clumps yet, but I do enjoy using it.




Eyeshadow
Eyeshadow:  This is an eyeshadow called "Half Naked" from J. Cat Beauty.  It's a shimmery cream color that would do well as an inner corner highlight or as a sheer wash of color all over the lids.  The eyeshadow section can actually be flipped up to reveal a tiny mirror and sponge applicator inside.  I thought that was absolutely adorable!

Daylight:  Half Naked
Flash:  Half Naked

Even though I didn't get any crazy new makeup products or colors to try out, it was a nice understated bag for lazy days.  As nice as the eyeshadow is, I will probably give it away due to me having tons of similar colors.  I really like using Perversion mascara and enjoy smelling the lip balm daily.  I've also already found use for the Ipsy bag itself.  I love receiving Ipsy bags because I use them to organize my other makeup. 

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment