Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wet n Wild Megaslicks Balm Stains - Swatches and Review


For 2014, Wet n Wild came out with a bunch of new stuff for their permanent line.  This was exciting news for all of us WnW fans because their products are fantastic quality at an amazing price.  One of their new products is the Balm Stains.  It is their take on the jumbo lip color trend and I'm so glad they finally did it.  I'm a huge fan of jumbo lip pencils because they're a low maintenance product that also gives moisture and color.  For now, there are only six colors in this collection and it took me awhile to find all of them because most drugstores around my area don't carry them yet.


I will be swatching all colors on my hands and lips; they are swatched over bare skin and the photos are taken in daylight:

Nudist Colony
Nudist Colony on lips
Nudist Colony:  very pale concealer nude.  Okay, I don't know why I keep buying really pale nude colors hoping that they might work for me.  I've read and watched some reviews saying how this is a great nude, but those usually don't work on my skintone because I'm a bit tan and my lips are pigmented.  It is a great formula though, but since it's opaque, I would suggest dabbing it on first instead of swiping it on your lips outright.  It can outline some lip lines/flakes and might look cakey too.



Pinky Promise
Pinky Promise on lips
Pinky Promise:  pale pink with silver sheen



A Stiff Pink
A Stiff Pink on lips
A Stiff Pink:  pigmented barbie pink.  This actually looks more blue based in the tube, but applies like a true hot pink.  This is very staining, so be prepared - it stained my lips until the next day.



Rico Mauve
Rico Mauve on lips
Rico Mauve:  dusty rose.  I wouldn't consider this a mauve, in my opinion, Wet n Wild has an actual mauve lipstick in their Megalast line called "Mauve Outta Here".  I like this color a lot though, it's an MLBB for me :)



Red-dy or Not
Red-dy or Not on lips
Red-dy or Not:  bright and pigmented true red.  This is very staining and since the formula is so lightweight and glides on so easily, I really recommend using a lip liner first.  I tried using with without a lip liner and my hands slipped so much and went outside my lip line :x



Lady and the Vamp
Lady and the Vamp on lips
Lady and the Vamp:  dark berry.  This is another color that stains and I love it.  If you couldn't tell, I couldn't help using this color before I completely my collection because I love vampy lipsticks.

Daylight:  Nudist Colony, Pinky Promise, A Stiff Pink, Rico Mauve, Red-dy or Not, Lady and the Vamp
Flash:  Nudist Colony, Pinky Promise, A Stiff Pink, Rico Mauve, Red-dy or Not, Lady and the Vamp
I love these lip pencils!  Like I said before, they go on so easily and moisturizing because the formula is so thin.  It feels like regular chapstick on my lips and they're all a one-pass opacity.  The darker colors and bright pink are very staining, but I still like to reapply because they feel great on my lips.  I hope Wet n Wild comes out with more colors because I'm a huge fan.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment