Thursday, October 19, 2017

Notoriously Morbid Halloween 2017 Advent Calendar - The Ghouls Are All Here Swatches


Welcome back, everyone!  Sorry I haven't been posting too often, I've been extremely busy at work and also came down with a minor cold.  I'm getting a bit better now and can finally start catching up with blog posts.  I'm extremely excited to share swatches of Notoriously Morbid's first ever advent calendar!  This advent calendar was inspired by the "monsters" from Scooby Doo and features thirteen exclusive products.  The calendar was released in two sizes, the full size being $75 (retail $105) and the mini size was $50 (retail $65).  The box was available for preorder in September with promoters and affiliates being able to preorder a few days earlier for testing purposes.

The calendar is designed for the first product to be opened on October 19th.  Of course, I've opened and swatched everything because I can't control myself, so spoilers ahead!  I have all the products in their "dated" order, instead of my usual light to dark scheme.  Every product was individually sealed and wrapped with their opening date.  The box that it came in was also amazing as it featured NM's version of the Mystery Machine.  I'm definitely keeping the box for future use.  There was a fruit snack pack included in the box as well and I loved those!

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)




***SPOILERS AHEAD (PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK)***





Individually wrapped products


October 19th

Ghost Clown
Ghost Clown:  brick red with green duochrome



October 20th



Bare lips
Black Knight
Black Knight on face
Black Knight:  dark purple  with red shimmers tinted balm



October 21st

Scarecrow
Scarecrow:  satin pale pink with red shimmers



October 22nd

Phantom
Phantom:  moderately opaque pale pink with blue shimmers (Changeling Top Coat)



October 23rd



Tar Monster
Tar Monster on face
Tar Monster:  semi sheer green gloss with copper sparkles (Cosmic Lip Gloss).  This gloss was beautiful and unique, but I found it best layered over a (preferably green) lipstick as my natural lip color seemed to cancel out its greenness.  



October 24th



Witch Doctor
Witch Doctor on face
Witch Doctor:  blood orange with green shimmers (Mystic Matte)



October 25th

Wax Phantom
Wax Phantom:  pistachio frosting scented


Ghost Clown, Black Knight, Scarecrow, Phantom, Tar Monster, Witch Doctor



October 26th

Skeleton Man
Skeleton Man:  charcoal with tons of pink sparkles and shimmers



October 27th

Headless Specter
Headless Specter:  pretty plum burgundy with blue and pink shimmers



October 28th

Snow Ghost
Snow Ghost:  unique and gorgeous glowy green highlighter with slight gold glow and blue shimmers; swatched heavily over bare skin.  I believe this to be the star of the box.  It matched the colors of the Mystery Machine perfectly and was so beautiful when swatched.  I've never seen another highlighter like it and can't wait to start using it.



October 29th

Creeper
Creeper:  pigmented plum blush with red and gold shimmers; swatched heavily over bare skin



October 30th

Mummy
Mummy:  green tea and pumpkin scented (Slumber Salve)



October 31st

No Face Zombie
No Face Zombie:  pearl pink with gold shimmers liquid highlighter; swatched heavily over bare skin.  This was the debut of Notoriously Morbid's first Lunar Illuminating Drops liquid highligher.  I found that it blended well with my fingers on my (combination skin) cheekbones.  


Skeleton Man, Headless Specter, Snow Ghost, Creeper, No Face Zombie

Overall, I found this advent calendar to be a big hit.  I was never a big fan of Scooby Doo when I was growing up, but I did enjoy the Mystery Machine colored highlighter a LOT.  I found Scarecrow to be really unique and Headless Specter to be beautiful.  I can't wait to play with Snow Ghost and No Face Zombie more when I'm feeling well enough to play with makeup again.  I can't wait to see everyone's reactions when they start unboxing these beauties :)

Do you have any favorites in the box?  What were your favorite Scooby Doo monsters?

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment