Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Dark Matter Makeup Deep Sea Collection Swatches


I have swatches of Dark Matter Makeup's newest Deep Sea collection!  I've been excited for this one because it's been awhile since I've seen DMM release anything new.  Fortunately, it's a mini collection consisting of five eyeshadows, two lip creams, and a face highlight.  I also purchased Big Bang, a shade I didn't have before and I'm not sure which collection it belongs in, if it belongs in one at all.

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Big Bang
Big Bang:  tan with strong gold duochrome




T. Dohrnii
T. Dohrnii:  semi sheer lavender with pink sparkles and blue shimmers




O. Formosa
O. Formosa:  purple with green shimmers




C. Undulatos
C. Undulatos:  teal with copper sheen




M. Microsloma
M. Microsloma:  swampy green with pink shimmers.  I know it looks more blue in the swatch, but it's definitely more green to me in person.  It also reminded me of Notoriously Morbid's Poison Ivy inspired shadow.




C. Aguineus
C. Aguineus:  metallic slate blue




Bioluminescence
Bioluminescence:  pretty white highlighter with blue shimmers




V. Infernalis
V. Infernalis:  opaque dusty pink lip cream; stains lips magenta




O. Darwini
O. Darwini:  opaque bright pink red lip cream


Big Bang, T. Dohrnii, O. Formosa, C. Undulatos, M. Microsloma, C. Anguineus, Bioluminescence, V. Infernalis, O. Darwini

Even though this collection is small, I quite enjoyed it. The colors were reminiscent of deep sea creatures and their soft illumination.  This was also the first time I got to try Dark Matter's lip creams.  They feel very comfortable and are moisturizing as well as being extremely pigmented.  They have other lip creams in their shop but are Star Wars themed, so I never picked them up.  Just note that the lip creams aren't matte, so they don't dry down.  I think I'm one of the few that don't really enjoy matte lips, so these are great for me.

Hopefully, Dark Matter has more time this year to release more collections because I do enjoy their short TAT and inspirations!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment