Thursday, April 16, 2015

Aromaleigh April 2015 Ephemera - Swatches and Review


Woooo, I've gotta say, I really do look forward to Aromaleigh's Ephemera box every single month.  Their packaging and presentation is always impeccable.  For the month of April, the inspiration comes from Floralia, and all of the shades are very light and springy.  We got two eyeshadows, two face products, and a cream eyeshadow from Glamour Doll Eyes.  


Information on this month's box

Pictures taken in daylight and swatched over Notoriously Morbid Shadow Bind (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Locus of Desire
Locus of Desire:  shimmery warm pink with gold sheen




Metamorphose
Metamorphose:  plum with green shimmers.  I was very impressed with how this shade performed over regular primer.




Realm of Flora
Realm of Flora:  soft ivory highlighter with pink sheen; swatched over bare skin




Vernal Roses
Vernal Roses:  mauve blush with pink shimmers; swatched over bare skin




Floralia
Floralia:  sheer rose cream with pink glitter.  It looks really intense in the clamshell, but goes on semi-sheer.  I'm not quite sure how to use cream shadows, so I used it as a lip color instead (it's lip safe).




La Plus Heureuse
La Plus Heureuse:  purple with tons of gold sparkles.  This is the hint for next month's box, and after a bit of Googling, found out it was Anne Boleyn's motto.  I'm pretty excited because I always found her fascinating and the color was very pretty.




Minthe
Minthe:  mint green with pink shimmers.  This is a sneak peek to their upcoming Anthousai collection and I like the shade.  I actually came across several similar shades recently and I think it's because Spring is here and it's the perfect Spring shade.

Locus of Desire, Metamorphose, Realm of Flora, Vernal Roses, Floralia, La Plus Heureuse, Minthe


Bonus FotD!


Locus of Desire (lid) and Metamorphose (outer v and crease)

Light wash of Vernal Roses on the cheeks, Realm of Flora as a cheek highlight, and Floralia on the lips

The colors in this month's Ephemera made for a very natural and light look.  It gave my lids a pretty wash of color and I decided to skip the harsh winged eyeliner.  Floralia was a lot more sheer than I expected for something that looks so dark in the clamshell (I applied about two layers onto my lips).  I also could have applied more blush if I wanted, but went for a more subtle layer since I usually have a problem applying too much and ending up with clown cheeks.

I thoroughly enjoyed this box and look forward to the Anne Boleyn one for May!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment