Thursday, April 3, 2014

Innocent + Twisted Alchemy April 2014 Subscription - Review and Swatches


Okay, I think I deserve a huge round of applause this time.  I received my package TODAY and I'm already blogging about it (woot woot!).  I'm pretty sure this is the fastest I've ever gotten a blog post up..  

Anyway, this is a review on my April subscription box from Innocent + Twisted Alchemy.  After reading her product and company list, I was super stoked to see that Little Sparrow Cosmetics was one of them.  I had read rave reviews on their Lip Jellies and have wanted to try for so long.  I eagerly tore open the goodies and found that there was a mini Lip Jelly included - YAY!


As usual, i+t's owner, Linda, gives us 3 new colors and samples from a bunch of other companies.

Pictures are taken in daylight (click to enlarge)

Saccharine Nectar
Saccharine Nectar:  shimmery champagne-orange.  This has a silky and fluffy texture.



Empyrean
Empyrean:  shimmery light blue with silver sparkle



Fathomless Chasm
Fathomless Chasm:  shimmery blue gray.  I had a lot of problems with this one, and after seeing other swatches on reddit, it seems I'm not the only one.  There was a bunch of unblended black pigment that distracts from the gorgeous color; you'll be able to see it in the swatch pictures below.



Sand Castles
Sand Castles:  gorgeous satin burnt orange with fuchsia sheen.  Sand Castles is a sample from Candii Blossom Cosmetics.  It was such a surprise because it looks like a normal matte orange in the clamshell; I ended up really liking this one!



Apparatus
Apparatus:  lavender with red sheen.  This was a sample from Detrivore Cosmetics (which is now being distributed by Shiro Cosmetics).  That actually caused quite a stir in the indie community because Detrivore's products were well-loved, but had a super long TAT.  Shiro's owner, ended up buying distribution rights and now sells Detrivore products on their site.  It was good news for everyone who loved Detrivore's products.  This color however, was quite sheer - it also reminds me a lot of their other color, Scar, and of Notoriously Morbid's Forgotten Dreams.  I'll have to do a comparison swatch sometime soon.



Celtic Sunset
Celtic Sunset:  dark brown loaded with copper, red, and orange shimmer.  This was a sample from Dreamworld Hermetica which I had a chance to try out before.  Celtic Sunset is absolutely stunning, and it ends up having a greenish tint along with everything else that was described.  I couldn't get my eyes off it and wanted to keep swatching.



Raspberry Tart
Raspberry Tart:  raspberry tinted lip balm.  As I mentioned before, this is a Lip Jelly from Little Sparrow Cosmetics.  I've been wanting to try this so badly and I finally can!  This is as moisturizing as a lip balm and gives nice color payoff.  I also adore the cute little packaging!



The Beast You Made
The Beast You Made:  This is a perfume sample from the newly opened Antimony Blue.  I'm pretty terrible at describing scents, so I won't even try to go in depth.  To an untrained nose, this comes off as incense-y but it's not too overpowering at least.  I like the overall theme of this company and wish them the best of luck.

Swatches (taken in daylight over bare skin):

Daylight:  Saccharine Nectar, Empyrean, Fathomless Chasm, Sand Castles, Apparatus, Celtic Sunset, Raspberry Tart
Flash:  Saccharine Nectar, Empyrean, Fathomless Chasm, Sand Castles, Apparatus, Celtic Sunset, Raspberry Tart
What I mentioned before with the unblended black pigment in Fathomless Chasm, I hope you can see that in the swatches.  The black streaks makes it difficult to blend out and I'm really wondering what happened :(  Other than that, I enjoyed my subscription this month (seriously guys, get Celtic Sunset NOW).

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment