Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Shiro Cosmetics Black Friday Haul - Swatches and Review


So.. I cheated a bit; this is actually two orders in one.  I figured it'd be a lot better if I just post them together since I made them within a week of each other.  Shiro Cosmetics was having a 15% off for Black Friday; it's not much but I jumped at the chance to order more pretties.  A week after I made my order, I was reading an old review on Shiro and discovered a secret/still-working link to Everything Is Bears.  Obviously, I jumped on that too (and hoped Caitlin wouldn't kill me for ordering something that was probably not meant to be ordered >_<); in that order, I also bought some other samples and Longcat.

This time I believe I asked her to just draw a funny/cute picture of a Pokemon because I couldn't think of anything.
Onto the swatches!

All swatches are done over bare skin and taken in daylight.  Click to enlarge:

Longcat
Longcat:  clear with microshimmers


Everything Is Bears
Everything Is Bears:  chocolate brown with gold and red sparkles.  It's sheer on bare skin but would definitely benefit over primer.  This is like a tame version of Nic Cage Raking Leaves on a Brisk October Afternoon.



You Snow Nothing
You Snow Nothing:  navy blue with multicolored microshimmer.  The shimmers are beautiful; I love multicolored shimmers more than multicolored sparkles.  The red shimmers are most apparent, probably for the "kissed by fire" description.

Daylight:  Everything Is Bears, You Snow Nothing
Flash:  Everything Is Bears, You Snow Nothing
Blurred to show sparkles:  Everything is Bears, You Snow Nothing



Cake
Cake:  very beautiful white gold with slight red sheen



Baker's Boy
Baker's Boy:  shimmery nude.  



Whiteout
Whiteout:  shimmery champagne



Zelda/Princess
Zelda/Princess:  lovely shimmery light salmon.  For some reason, I got the older label/name, which is Zelda.  To be honest, I like "Zelda" more than "Princess" so it was a nice surprise.  This is a beautiful color and might climb up to be one of my favorite Shiro shades.



Deku
Deku:  sparkly caramel 



Slave 23
Slave 23:  shimmery and sparkly light gold



Small Key
Small Key:  beautiful and smooth bronze



Can't Escape
Can't Escape:  dark brown base with silver sparkles



A Regular Bears' Meeting
A Regular Bears' Meeting:  velvety chocolate brown with orange shimmers

Daylight:  Cake, Baker's Boy, Whiteout, Zelda/Princess, Deku, Slave 23, Small Key, Can't Escape, A Regular Bears' Meeting
Flash:  Cake, Baker's Boy, Whiteout, Zelda/Princess, Deku, Slave 23, Small Key, Can't Escape, A Regular Bears' Meeting


Hearts
Hearts:  light red with gold shimmers



Champion
Champion:  light red with orange shimmers, very similar to Hearts.



Unforgettable
Unforgettable:  pinky-copper red with tons of red sparkles.  This is a super sparkly shade.



Snake
Snake:  shimmery chartreuse



Bubblebeam
Bubblebeam:  shimmery light blue



Housewife
Housewife:  shimmery light taupe that leans more silver.  This was one of my free samples.



Detective
Detective:  shimmery and sparkly light gray.  This was my other free sample.



King Under the Mountain
King Under the Mountain:  dark gray-brown base with TONS of silver sparkle.



Badger
Badger:  blackened brown with orange shimmers.  This has a very creamy texture; I like it.



Are You Shear You Wanna Enchant That?
Are You Shear You Wanna Enchant That?:  blackened purple with gorgeous multicolored sparkles.  This has a creamy texture and actually made me go, "Whoa." when I swatched it.  This shade is amazing; you need this in your life.



Fullmetal
Fullmetal:  charcoal with gold and red sparkles.  This is another super sparkly shade.

Daylight:  Hearts, Champion, Unforgettable, Snake, Bubblebeam, Housewife, Detective, King Under the Mountain, Badger, Are You Shear You Wanna Enchant That?, Fullmetal
Flash:  Hearts, Champion, Unforgettable, Snake, Bubblebeam, Housewife, Detective, King Under the Mountain, Badger, Are You Shear You Wanna Enchant That?, Fullmetal

I actually got two more free samples - Steve and Day of Reckoning.  I already have those from previous purchases and were swatched so I didn't swatch them this time.



I got a good bunch of neutrals this time around because I have most of Shiro's brighter colors.  I'm really enjoying Cake! and Whiteout as inner corner highlights.  The non-sparkly shades are all really creamy and pigmented; I love them.  I can't wait until these come up in my indie-makeup rotation so I can start using them ^_^

- Jolie ♥

2 comments:

  1. Are these just samples you've pressed here, or did you later purchase full pots? Any advice on pressing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I never purchase full pots unless I have to. I usually only buy samples because I know I will never, ever finish a full sized eyeshadow. Even now, I have not finished an eyeshadow sample! I will only buy full sizes if they're only offered like that, and only if it's a color I really like. Shiro's Color of the Months are always in full-sizes, so you'll have to buy them like that.

      Delete