Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Innocent+Twisted Alchemy December Subscription


Hello everyone!  Innocent+Twisted Alchemy is an indie company that I've heard a lot of rave reviews about but never tried myself.  What held me back was the amount of sparkle that is prevalent in almost all her shadows.  I'm not a huge sparkle person as I prefer shimmer, so I never made an order.  However, I heard that they were doing a monthly subscription box which includes samples from other indie companies also.  I thought that was a really interesting concept and decided to subscribe.

The Petit Subscription comes with three samples from I+T and samples from others.  I also wanted to get some beautiful artwork from the owner, Linda.

Look at this beautiful stamp!
The subscription comes with a detailed list of all the companies and their ingredients.  Also, since it was December, I got a cute Christmas card!

How sweet!  And that drawing is a beautiful touch :)
ALL THE GOODIES
I had no idea what this was at first.  I thought it was a pin, but apparently it's a mirror, yay!

Baby Flame, Kiss Mint, Evil Snowflakes
Baby Flame:  metallic bronze
Kiss Mint:  satin mint with microshimmer
Evil Snowflakes:  shimmery white gold



Marquee:  metallic purple-toned taupe.  This is a sample from Chinovi Cosmetics which is a company I haven't gotten around to trying.  I'm glad this was included in the subscription :)



Mistletoe:  shimmery grass green.  This is a sample from Candii Blossom Cosmetics and I haven't heard of them before, so I'm glad I got to try them.

Baby Flame, Kiss Mint, Evil Snowflakes, Marquee, Mistletoe



Heirloom:  shimmery tan with blue sheen.  This is from Darling Girl Cosmetics and I've been meaning to order them for the longest time.  However, I haven't been able to figure out how to add shadows to my cart so I just leave the website.



Necropolis:  shimmery bronze with red tint.  This is from Persephone Minerals and I haven't heard of this company before.  It's a nice color; I like the red sheen.

Sepulcher:  metallic lime green.  This is also from Persephone Minerals, I don't normally use lime green shadows but I will try to incorporate it into my daily routine somehow.

Heirloom, Necropolis, Sepulcher

Overall, I'm still feeling a bit 'eh' about this box.  There wasn't anything wrong with the quality of the shadows, they just weren't colors that I would normally use.  I'll give this another month to see if it wows me since I have to start cutting some unnecessary costs soon.  I'm going apartment hunting and I won't be able to afford things that I don't really like once I start paying bills!

- Jolie ♥

2 comments:

  1. This looks like an interesting subscription service! I really like that you get products from other indie companies as well.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is nice! I loved the fact that I got to try different companies. I think they're different each month too :) She also offers a bigger size (I think), of full-sized shadows. I think both sizes are pretty worth it considering her clamshell samples retail for $3, I believe and she includes three in the box.

      Delete