Friday, December 7, 2012

E.L.F. Nail Polish Review!

Hi again all!  I'm happy to be blogging again so soon, mainly because my Mod Mauve nail polish finally chipped a little so I had an excuse to take it off :)  It lasted a week exactly, and that was with lots of vigorous dish-washing too.  I was dying to use a new nail polish and one of the snowman glitter ones too.  I decided to use the E.L.F. nail polish in Coral.

On the website, Coral actually looks like a really light pink/orange shimmer polish, but in reality it's not.  It actually looks like a true coral color in person and I'm glad I still really like it.  Here's a picture of it:
Left: with flash; Right: natural light

The picture taken with flash is actually not accurate at all, it looks like a pretty bright/hot pink there but in reality the color is actually close to the picture on the right.  As you can see on the left picture, there are hints of gold in which makes it really gorgeous.  They don't necessarily show up on the nail too much, but the coral color is still pretty.

The formula was amazing!  I only needed ONE coat of polish to achieve the color on the bottle.  It also went on so easily, not too watery and not too thick.  The formula isn't streaky at all and after the application, it leveled out really evenly and pretty much coated my whole nail.  The polish also dried so quickly; I would finish one hand, start on the other, and by the time I was done with the second, my first hand polish was already dry! I cannot recommend this enough; amazing polish.

I could have stopped there, but I really wanted to try one of the snowman nail polishes that I bought.  I chose the Christmas glitter one (green and red).
  Left: with flash; Right: natural light

Here's the turn-out!  I didn't know if the Christmas glitters and coral would go together but they do!  I got so many compliments ^_^  The glitter formula wasn't too good though.  As expected, there was an uneven amount of glitter distribution for each nail so I'd have to go back on some nails to put more coats.  The glitter would also get stuck to the opening of the bottle after awhile. 

It was my first time using glitter polish so that probably is what happens, and it didn't bother me too much.  I like the outcome a lot.  After a top coat, my nails were good to go!  Also, as you can tell from the pictures, glitter polishes are a little messy to put on; I got so much loose glitter on my fingers haha.

They have a pretty good staying power; I painted my nails on Monday night, which is about 4 days ago and there's no sign of chipping at all.

Here's a little something extra I wanted to share.  My boyfriend got me giant Reese's Butter cups because I love them as a candy and apparently stores are now selling giant candies as novelty items or presents.  They retail around $10 (a little steep, but it's once a year, plus it's pretty big).
Reese's cup next to a computer mouse for comparison


There's two of these bad boys in each pack which puts each at around $5.  It's almost as wide as a CD and very deep.  Wish I took a picture of it bitten into because it's a huge layer of peanut butter in the middle.  Delicious!

Hope I helped anyone who was wondering about elf polishes!  Or maybe someone who has a massive sweet tooth haha.  Thank you for reading; don't hesitate to leave me comments!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment