Saturday, December 22, 2012

E.L.F. Nail Polish in Dark Red

Okay I recently had several elf hauls but I'll post those up later.  First off, I have to write a review about their Dark Red nail polish.  It's not the one that comes in the full-sized bottle; it's the Dark Red from their Essential Holiday 15-Piece Nail Polish Set.  The reason I have to make that distinction is because I feel like the formula is different from their regular sized polish.

Any-who, here is a picture:

Okay, so the picture actually makes the color look a lot nicer than it actually is.  This is the color I wanted and was expecting to show, but instead it went on like a red-brown.  More-so brown than red and I did NOT like it at all.

About the formula, it was extremely thick and hard to apply.  The brush itself was also big and made it harder to apply such a heavy formula.  It did not go on my nails well and was streaky.  The Mod Mauve color in another one of my posts was the same, but I assumed I was just applying badly. 

So I say definitely skip out on the 15-piece nail set, unless you want to do a lot of corrections and put on a lot of coats.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment