Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Notoriously Morbid August 2015 Vanishing Cabinet - Moonlight Magic Swatches


Alright, I'm slowly but surely making my way through my August posts!  Up now is Notoriously Morbid's August Vanishing Cabinet inspired by the 80s movie, Teen Witch.  I've never watched the movie but if it's anything like TV series Sabrina the Teenage Witch, I'd probably love it.  The box came with four mini shadows, one matte lipstick sample, and an eyeshadow sample by Hello Waffle Cosmetics!


Little info card!

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Glue (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Brad Power
Brad Power:  seafoam with gold and orange shimmers




Take a Chance
Take a Chance:  gorgeous blue with gold sheen and copper microshimmer




Top That
Top That:  gorgeous lavender with green sheen




Omni Suminaro
Omni Suminaro:  brick with gold sparkles




16th
16th:  periwinkle with slight gold sheen and red and blue sparkles.  This is a sample from Hello Waffle created exclusively for the box!  It's a very gorgeous shade and pigmented as well.




Popular Girl
Popular Girl:  matte nude pink.  The formula was pretty stiff and dragged across my lips, but I'm pretty sure NM recommends applying a balm first for more comfort.  The color was a bit too light for me in person but it looks like a nice nude in the picture!  I'm still a bit on the fence about this one, maybe once I lighten up for winter, the color will look better on me.


Brad Power, Take a Chance, Top That, Omni Suminaro, 16th, Popular Girl

I noticed that the eyeshadow formula this month seemed better than usual and I asked the owners if they reformulated.  They confirmed that recipe ratio was better for this collection so I wasn't going crazy wondering if it really was better than usual.  Everything was creamy and pigmented!  Admittedly, the colors don't go together but I have tons of eyeshadows in my collection to bring in for particular looks.  Even though I didn't understand the references, I enjoyed the colors immensely and can't wait for next month!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment