Thursday, May 28, 2015

Notoriously Morbid May 2015 Vanishing Cabinet - The Price of Magic Swatches


After a one month break, Notoriously Morbid's monthly Vanishing Cabinet is back!  The theme for this month is popular fairy tale show Once Upon a Time.  I do watch the show and enjoy it, but I like the other fairy tale show, Grimm, more.  I'm also not caught up with OUAT at all since I've missed the last half season due to coming home late from work :(  Anyway, the products this month are all inspired by the various villains featured on the show and has a blush sample from Dark Heart Designs as well.

Pictures taken in daylight and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Misthaven
Misthaven:  sage green with pink and silver sparkles.  I'm not exactly sure, but I think this one may be inspired by the Snow Queen?  If it is, I'm happy, because I really loved and sympathized for her character.  She got a bittersweet ending, but was relatively happy (for her) and I thought she was very beautiful *_*




Dearie
Dearie:  shimmery green gold with copper sparkles and gold shimmers.  This shadow is inspired by Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold and it matches his skin very well!  It also has a beautiful silky texture and brilliant metallic shine.




You Want Darkness?
You Want Darkness?:  plum taupe with blue sparkles and red shimmer.  This is inspired by Maleficent and the most recent season was centered around her.  NM said they wanted to shy away from the traditional purple and green that's usually associated with Maleficent, and I think they did a great job!  I also really liked the actress for Maleficent as I'd seen her first in True Blood but love her more in OUAT because she gets to be more emotional.




Always the Queen
Always the Queen:  dark plum base with red sheen.  This is inspired by the Wicked Queen, Regina, and it's absolutely gorgeous over a sticky base.  I wouldn't recommend it over regular primer because it didn't stick very well unless you want to use it in the outer corner to deepen a look.  Still though, look at that beautiful sheen over a sticky base, it definitely does Regina and her vampiness some justice.




Happy Ending
Happy Ending:  warm pink with gold sparkles blush.  This is a blush sample from Dark Heart Designs and was swatched over bare skin.  It's very pigmented but blendable.  I'm just wondering how to fit my stipple brushes in this tiny clamshell container.




Wicked Heart
Wicked Heart:  moderately opaque burgundy with purple sheen and berry scented.  This is a sample Diablo Lip Rouge created for this VC.  Holy duochrome!  I LOVE how intense the purple sheen is and definitely does not take many passes to stand out.  I also really like the texture of this, it's more of a balm texture than matte lipstick.  I know many people love matte lipsticks, but they tend to be really drying and uncomfortable on me.  I enjoy this lipstick a lot and look forward to actually wearing it out.

Misthaven, Dearie, You Want Darkness?, Always the Queen, Happy Ending, Wicked Heart

Overall, the colors in this box were really pretty and fit the characters well.  I really enjoyed the sample Lip Rouge we got because everything was a hit for me including color and texture.  I'm a sucker for duochrome lip colors because they're pretty rare in the market.  I've missed the VC during the hiatus and am glad to see it back.  NM is releasing their liquid matte lipsticks tomorrow so I'm picking them up and will be reviewing them as well :)

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment