Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Aromaleigh May 2015 Ephemera - Swatches and Review


Good morning, everyone!  This month's Ephemera box from Aromaleigh features the lovely and historical Anne Boleyn.  I was really excited for this theme because I did enjoy history when I was in school and I liked the subject of Anne Boleyn.  Funny enough, I never watched The Tudors because I didn't really like Natalie Dormer's portrayal of her and that dislike carried over to everything else she starred in...  Anyway, we received two mini eyeshadows, two face products, and an exclusive perfume from Black Violet.  What I love about Ephemera boxes are how cohesive the themes are, you'll notice the outer wrapping, packaging worms, and candies always match the theme.  This month we had orange mesh and white ribbon wrapping the box and inside features orange and ivory worms with blood orange flavored candies.


Such a good read, another reason I love the Ephemera boxes.

Pictures taken in daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)

Besotted
Besotted:  shimmery rosy copper 




La Plus Heureuse
La Plus Heureuse: royal purple with tons of gold sparkles




Marquess
Marquess:  soft lavender highlight with gold shimmers




Lady Perseverance
Lady Perseverance:  bright coral blush with pink microshimmers




Tres Faulse Serpente
Tres Faulse Serpente:  shimmery green with blue and pink sparkles.  This is the beautiful hint to next month's theme, which has been revealed to be Melusine (mermaids).  This color is so gorgeous and reminded me of Lumikki's Dragon Scales, except much better in quality.




Tarantula
Tarantula:  purple with slight pink sheen.  This is a sneak peek for Mission Two of Galactic and I'm excited about them because they're beautiful duochromes with spacey labels.


Besotted, La Plus Heureuse, Marquess, Lady Perseverance, Tres Faulse Serpente, Tarantula




Enigma
Enigma:  orange sherbet scent.  This is a perfume sample from Black Violet created especially for this box.

Overall, I REALLY love this box!  I do love how every Ephemera comes with at least one face product to pull the look together.  The colors also go really well together and the blush usually doubles as a lip color as well.  Since I enjoyed the theme as well, this box was really a knockout for me.  The colors made for a very nice, spring time look that was also soft and feminine.  I'm definitely looking forward to next month's box and seeing what beautiful mermaid greens and blues will be featured!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment