Thursday, July 28, 2016

Hello Waffle Cosmetics' 2016 Clearout Haul Swatches


I made a Hello Waffle Cosmetics haul when they had their big clearout sale before their hiatus.  The owner had gotten another job and put her shop on hold until October 2016.  There was a huge sale to clear out some items and I took advantage of that.  I bought all the duochrome colors from their newest Snow White inspired collection, as well as some other things I had been interested in.  

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over Hello Waffle Enchantment base (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Mirror Mirror
Mirror Mirror:  metallic silver




A Kind Child
A Kind Child:  pale pink with strong blue duochrome




As the Light of Day
As the Light of Day:  warm pink with gold sparkles




A Half Apple
A Half Apple:  beautiful brick red base with green duochrome




Masters of the House
Masters of the House:  gray base with pink duochrome and gold sparkles




Beyond the Mountains
Beyond the Mountains:  brown base with strong blue duochrome and gold sparkles






Bare lips
The Secret Room
The Secret Room on face
The Secret Room:  pigmented orange red lipstick






Through Thorns
Through Thorns on face
Through Thorns:  moderately opaque burgundy lipstick




Awoke at Dawn
Awoke at Dawn:  pink liquid highlighter with gold shimmers.  This is Hello Waffle's first liquid/cream highlighter formula.  I'm not used to cream face products at all so I found this a bit difficult to blend out.  I might have applied a bit too much and waited a bit too long to blend it.  I will have to keep playing with the formula and find my groove.




Enchantment
Enchantment Eye Base:  Hello Waffle recently came out with their own sticky base to pair with their eyeshadows and overshadows.  It's a very watery formula and only a small amount is needed.  I swatched all of the eyeshadows in this post over Enchantment.  I also ordered a sample of this and was generously upgraded to a full size by the owner.  Thanks, Christine!


Mirror Mirror, A Kind Child, As the Light of Day, A Half Apple, Masters of the House, Beyond the Mountains, The Secret Room, Through Thorns, Awoke at Dawn

I only bought the duchrome half of the Snow White colletion because the other half was matte and mattes don't interest me too much.  Out of the six duochrome shadows, A Half Apple and Beyond the Mountains are my favorites.  They're extremely beautiful and the duochrome is stunning.  Masters of the House is close up there as well and I can't wait to play with it.  I like the two lipsticks I got as well, The Secret Room is super bright and beautiful, which Through Thorns is a bit more wearable for me.  I'm excited to see what Hello Waffle comes out with after they return from their hiatus and wish Christine all the luck in transitioning into the new job!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment