Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Notoriously Morbid April 2016 Vanishing Cabinet - Mother to Dragons Swatches and Review


I received Notoriously Morbid's April Vanishing Cabinet awhile back and couldn't be more excited.  It's inspired by Daenerys Targaryen and her dragon children from Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire.  I watched the first few seasons of the hit show so I get the references at least.  The box included three mini shadows and a mini Mystic Matte lipstick.  I was so hyped up for this box because I knew there would be an exclusive Mystic Matte lipstick and I love NM's lipsticks!  Let me tell you, this box did not disappoint.  I wore all the shadows today and I've worn the lipstick several times since receiving it.

Info card

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Pretentious Namesake
Pretentious Namesake:  white gold with gold sparkles and pink shimmers




Stoic
Stoic:  grass green with red and gold shimmers




Protective Aggressor
Protective Aggressor:  burgundy with red and gold shimmers






Bare lips

Stormborn

Stormborn on face
Stormborn:  dark mauve with faint red, green, and silver shimmers.  This was such a hit for me and I didn't even realize it at first.  I didn't fully appreciate it until I wore it with a neutral eye look and the lips really shone.  I'm also really enjoying the formula.  As with other Mystic Mattes, this was extremely comfortable through many hours of wear.  I'm really hoping it's popular enough to be made permanent because I love this shade!


Pretentious Namesake, Stoic, Protective Aggressor, Stormborn



Pretentious Namesake (inner corner), Stoic (lid), Protective Aggressor (outer corner), and This is...Very Erotic (lower lashline)

Overall, I really like this month's Vanishing Cabinet, both for theme and products.  Although NM has beautiful shadows, their lip products are such a smash hit with me that I get more excited when I know I'll be getting a new color.  Hopefully there are some overstocks that will be made available so you can get your hands on them as well!

- Jolie ♥

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, Pretentious Namesake is screaming my name :O great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all really pretty! I believe the company is putting the overstock products up for purchase tomorrow or Saturday. I hope you get some :)

      Delete