Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Aromaleigh March 2015 Ephemera - Swatches and Review


The theme for Aromaleigh's March Ephemera box was Norse mythology.  A sample of Ragnarok was snuck into our box last month and it was gorgeous.  Before I get to swatching, I have to commend Aromaleigh on their packaging and attention to detail.  I love how the ribbon they wrapped the box with and packaging paper/worms inside the box correspond with the colors we received.  I also appreciate the label art showing the eyeshadow/product names.  It's these little things that really pull everything together.  I also knew I would love these colors because I really love fall/nature colors; I'm a huge fan of deep greens, browns, and reds. 





 Pictures taken in daylight and swatched over Notoriously Morbid Shadow Bind (top half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom half)


Valhalla
Valhalla:  white gold with blue sparkles.  I used all the eyeshadows for an eye look with Valhalla as my inner corner highlight and got a few compliments :)




Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil:  moss green with gold and red sparkles




Ragnarok
Ragnarok:  red brown with green, orange, and gold shimmers




Valkyrie (over bare skin)
Valkyrie:  beautiful medium pink blush.  This is gorgeous and blendable.  I actually picked up too much during my first use and ended up with super pink cheeks.  Curse you, bathroom lighting!




Daydreams
Daydreams:  sheer gloss with strong pink sheen, would make good topper over another color; mint scented




Sneak peek!
Sneak peek!:  gorgeous plum with green sheen




Carina
Carina:  shimmery violet base with strong blue sheen.  This is a sample from the upcoming nebula inspired collection.  I'm a huge fan and can't wait for its release!  I have some similar shades in my stash mainly because I like science/space themed eyeshadows and this is a popular combo.  Aromaleigh's formula is great though and took no effort for the blue sheen to show.

Daylight:  Valhalla, Yggdrasil, Ragnarok, Valkyrie, Daydreams, Sneak Peek, Carina

Overall, this month's box was a HUGE hit with me!  Aromaleigh's eyeshadow formula is already great; pair that with awesome colors makes it a perfect combo.  All the shades in the box worked extremely well together and I loved how wearable the blush was.  Both samples I got were also gorgeous and pigmented.  I'm excited to see the theme for next month and for the release of the Galactic collection.  Hopefully, there will be some overstock products from this month and you can pick some up!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment