Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Notoriously Morbid December 2014 Vanishing Cabinet - Merry Monsters Swatches and Review


Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!  I received my Notoriously Morbid Vanishing Cabinet yesterday, so I really wanted to get it out before Christmas.  The theme for December is Merry Monsters and is inspired by all the classic horror film villains.  Unlike the previous Vanishing Cabinets where the information and swatches are released as soon as they start going out, the Merry Monsters were kept a secret until people started receiving them.  I was already extremely excited because there would be a blush and lip gloss.  Notoriously Morbid's lip glosses are spectacular and the blushes are amazing as well!

When people started posting their hauls, I noticed they were packaged inside stockings (which varied with each order).  I love the attention to packaging because it makes the order that much more special.  The past few VCs have had special packaging with the Walking Dead one coming in a mini zombie tote, and two of the Sookie Stackhouse colors packed inside a cute coffin. 

As soon as I started taking out my stocking and saw the black top, I was hoping and wishing it would be a snowman of some sort.  It's not a secret that I love snowmen; it's also a big reason why I absolutely love Christmas and all the decorations.  My stocking did turn out to be an adorable smiley snowman and I was so happy that I shot Carrie a message about it.  I believe most VCs are packed randomly and sent out to subscribers.  I thanked her for sending me a snowman and wondered if it was actually random (because if it were, then she should definitely be a psychic).  She said it was definitely not random and saved the snowman stocking for me :'D  Yeah, best shop ever.

ANYWAY, before I ramble on and on, here be swatches!

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom half)

Cute label art 




Choo-Choo for Chucky
Choo-Choo for Chucky:  soft pink coral with slight blue sheen.  Pinks are not colors I'd normally go for, but this might make a really pretty blush.




Fringecoat for Freddie
Fringecoat for Freddie:  beautiful brown with gold shimmers.  This one, god, this one.  The gold shimmers are so gorgeous and makes the color glow.  I'll definitely be voting for this to become permanent when the time comes again.  




Mittens for Michael
Mittens for Michael:  purple with violet sheen and gold shimmers.  I was actually a bit disappointed with how sheer this came out.  However, this might be due to user error because my glitter primer dried a bit more while I was fumbling around for brushes.  I believe this color was also reformulated between the sneak peek from last month and the final release.  If you look at my review for last month, you will find how much I really loved that version.  It was a true purple with strong gold shimmers, absolutely stunning.  I'll be playing with this version more though and hopefully it'll come out better with a wetter glitter glue.




Jammies for Jason
Jammies for Jason:  sage green with gold shimmers.  I know this looks kinda blue/silver in the swatch, but it's definitely more of a green/silver in person.  It reminds me of The Gambler from the Winchester Gospels collection.




Rouge for Regan
Rouge for Regan:  matte mauve.  In the heavy swatch, it's a lot pinker, but once you blend it out, it turns into a mauve/dusty rose.  Admittedly, I had to ask which character Regan was because I'm a huge baby and horror movies scare me :(




Lipgloss for Leatherface
Lipgloss for Leatherface:  burgundy with beautiful blue sheen.  It has a sheer to moderate opacity and the blue sheen does not show up as much in person, but you can see it in some lights.  The texture of this was heavenly and it's extremely moisturizing.  I can't quite put my finger on the scent, but it's a very pleasant sweet scent.

Daylight:  Choo-Choo for Chucky, Fringecoat for Freddie, Mittens for Michael, Jammies for Jason, Rouge for Regan, Lipgloss for Leatherface
Flash:  Choo-Choo for Chucky, Fringecoat for Freddie, Mittens for Michael, Jammies for Jason, Rouge for Regan, Lipgloss for Leatherface

Like always, the VC was a huge hit for me (and not just because of the snowman stocking!).  I cannot wait to wear Fringecoat for Freddie and try out the blush.  I've already worn the lip gloss several times and love the color, feel, and scent.  I know it's extremely hard to get a spot for the VC, but I think NM is going to open up more spots in the new year.  If they do that, I really urge you to subscribe because everything I've received so far has been awesome :D

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays with their family and loved ones!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment