Thursday, December 25, 2014

AFK Cosmetics Christmas on the Rift and Wassail Collections - Swatches and Review


Merry Christmas everyone!  I just came home from dinner with the fiance's family, so I hope I finish this post before midnight!  This is actually a combination of two collections from AFK Cosmetics - Christmas on the Rift and the Wassail collection.  When Christmas on the Rift was released, there were two GWPs included if you spent over a certain amount.  I spent enough for the first gift (eyeshadow), but I decided I wanted the second one (lip balm) enough to buy it when it was officially released.  The collection originally came with League of Legends labels, but I like the Christmas stickers so much that I requested them specially.

On the other hand, the Wassail collection is inspired by Dena's favorite Christmas songs.  I have an abundance of holiday spirit, so I love them as well.  My order came in awhile ago, but I've been taking all this time to test out the lip balms, which I ended up really loving.

Cute packaging!
Look at all these snowman stickers!!!
Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom half)

Free Samples

Three Dog, Owwwwww!
Three Dog, Owwww!:  shimmery bronze with gold shimmers




Fear Me
Fear Me:  shimmery emerald green with silver shimmers

Daylight:  Three Dog, Owwwwww!, Fear Me
Flash:  Three Dog, Owwwwwww!, Fear Me



Christmas on the Rift

The Earnest Elf
The Earnest Elf:  grass green with blue sheen




The Festive Treant
The Festive Treant:  matte pine green with red & silver shimmers




Winter Wonderland
Winter Wonderland:  azure with silver sheen




Dark Candy
Dark Candy:  plum with blue sheen

Daylight:  The Earnest Elf, The Festive Treant, Winter Wonderland, Dark Candy
The Earnest Elf, The Festive Treant, Winter Wonderland, Dark Candy


Nashor Clause
Nashor Clause:  shimmery purple




Silent Night
Silent Night:  beautiful matte red with copper sheen.  I have a weakness for reds, so I really loved this one!  I wore this to work one day and it definitely lasted at least eight hours without creasing or fading.




Inquisitor
Inquisitor:  metallic crocodile green with gold and silver shimmers.  This was the first GWP.




Sleigh Belle
Sleigh Belle:  opaque burnt orange. The formula is very creamy, moisturizing and comfortable.  It smells like pumpkin to me and I really love this balm!




Tiny Evil Santa
Tiny Evil Santa:  moderate opaque brick red, smells like brown sugar.  This balm actually looks super opaque in the swatch (almost like a lipstick), so I was initially surprised when it was very sheer on me.  Dena suggested wiping off a few swipes first because the pigment tends to settle.  After using it for awhile, I have to agree with her.  It does become more pigmented, but still not as much as the swatch picture.  I don't mind too much though because her balms still feel like heaven on my lips!




Witch of the Wilds
Witch of the Wilds:  moderate opaque scarlet with slight violet sheen, smells like sugar cookies.  This was similar to Tiny Evil Santa to me but did have a pretty violet sheen!
Daylight:  Nashor Clause, Silent Night, Inquisitor, Sleigh Belle, Tiny Evil Santa, Witch of the Wilds
Flash:  Nashor Clause, Silent Night, Inquisitor, Sleigh Belle, Tiny Evil Santa, Witch of the Wilds




Wassail Collection

Let it Snow, Let it Snow
Let it Snow, Let it Snow:  shimmery silver blue with red and silver sparkles.  I wore this one day as a one-color look and did like the look it gave.  Definitely very snow queen and frosty.




Baby It's Cold Outside
Baby It's Cold Outside:  dusty rose with pink sparkles.  




Sugar Plum
Sugar Plum:  satin boysenberry with red and blue shimmers.  I like this a lot as an outer v color with a lighter purple all over the lid.




The Most Famous Reindeer of All
The Most Famous Reindeer of All:  matte dark brown with silver and red shimmers.  I enjoy using this one a lot in my outer v to darken any eye look!  I can see myself using this one a lot.

Daylight:  Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Baby It's Cold Outside, Sugar Plum, The Most Famous Reindeer of All
Flash:  Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Baby It's Cold Outside, Sugar Plum, The Most Famous Reindeer of All

Whew!  This was quite a long swatch post and review for me.  Overall, I really liked how festive the colors were and how great the balms felt!  They definitely moisturized my lips instead of just sitting on top of them.  I also love how great Dena was with the snowman stickers :')  She also drew a snowman on my invoice!  Now I'm off to enjoy the last few minutes left of Christmas~

- Jolie ♥

1 comment: