Thursday, January 26, 2017

Notoriously Morbid January 2017 Vanishing Cabinet - Come Up and Try My New Parts Swatches


Happy New Year, everyone!  Can you believe it's almost February already?  I have swatches of Notoriously Morbid's first Vanishing Cabinet of the year.  It was inspired by cult classic film, Repo! The Genetic Opera and co created by a fellow NM promoter, Andrea.  I had been interested in the movie for years before I actually watched it.  It has an intriguing plot and an amazing cast.  The movie ended up being really laughable and ridiculous, but I still love it and the song "Zydrate Anatomy" is always stuck in my head.  Anyway, this box includes three mini eyeshadows, one mini highlighter, and one exclusive Changeling topcoat created just for the box.  I think Andrea did an amazing job coming up with these colors and they really reflect the film's dark and blue toned atmosphere.  NM's current TAT is 14 business days, though the VC operates on a different schedule.


Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


I Look Like a Crime Scene, Dad
I Look Like a Crime Scene, Dad:  periwinkle with slight red sheen and gold and green shimmers




I'll Keep Those Vultures Guessing
I'll Keep Those Vultures Guessing:  spruce blue with blue sparkles 




Grave Robber
Grave Robber:  brown with green duochrome and pink and gold sparkles




I Thought I'd Seen a Ghost
I Thought I'd Seen a Ghost:  lavender highlighter with gold sparkles




Zydrate
Zydrate:  baby blue lipstick topcoat; cotton candy scented.  Changelings are best used lightly patted over (already dried) matte lipsticks.


I Look Like a Crime Scene Dad, I'll Keep Those Vultures Guessing, Grave Robber, I Thought I'd Seen a Ghost, Zydrate

Overall, this month's box has some stellar products.  The quality of everything was amazing and the colors were beautiful.  The Grave Robber color is unique and sexy, like the man himself.  Seriously, did anyone else have a crush on that guy??  And I don't know how often I'll use the Zydrate Changeling, but I love having my own little glass vial ;)

- Jolie ♥

2 comments:

  1. So excited to finally try this all tomorrow. Grave Robber is awesome... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply, Brunwen! Hope you're liking Grave Robber! It really is a sexy shade ;)

      Delete