Sunday, March 10, 2013

E.L.F. Haul!

So it's been awhile since I ordered from elf...maybe because I branched out a little bit and started ordering Coastal Scents.  But I realized that with all the mystery boxes I've been getting, I needed a place to put those individual Hot Pots into.  I immediately thought of elf's Custom Compacts that only cost $1 and hold 4 pans; so I started filling up my cart to get enough for free shipping haha.  I also needed to try some new concealers because the All-Over-Cover Sticks were creasing under my eyes.


As you can tell, I didn't actually get many new things, just things I was sort of interested in trying out.  
I got:

Cream Eyeliner in 'Black' ($3/ea) - the one I had before dried out beyond saving so I had to get a new one
Studio Blush in 'Blushing Rose' ($3/ea) - for my medium skin tone because lighter shades weren't showing up
Studio Lip Exfoliator ($3/ea) - backup
2 Custom Compacts ($1/ea) - for my Coastal Scents Hot Pots
Shine Eraser ($1/ea) - for my boyfriend who wanted to try it
Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzer in 'St. Lucia' ($3/ea) - I was interested in the hype and I really needed a bronzer that would show up because Elf's Healthy Glow Bronzer in 'Matte Bronze' was NOT doing the trick
Nail Polish in 'Skinny Jeans' ($2/ea) 
Tone Correcting Concealer in 'Light Beige' ($1/ea)
Brightening Eye Color in 'Nouveau Neutrals' ($1/ea) - free sample
Clarifying Pressed Powder in 'Apricot Beige' ($1/ea) - the other ones I had gotten were too dark, so I went a shade lighter and this is perfect for me :)
Cover Everything Concealer in 'Light' ($2/ea) - yet another concealer I wanted to try in case the Tone Correcting one didn't work
2 Triple-Tipped Waterproof Eyeliner Pens in 'Black' ($2/ea) - I ordered a second one by mistake :(

I have tried and swatched almost everything the minute I opened the box.  Just so you know, Coastal Scents Hot Pots do NOT magnetize with Elf's Compacts, but at least it's a nice, safe way to store them.

I enjoyed the blush immensely; it actually gave me color on my cheeks.  The duo blush & bronzer actually impressed me a little bit because I didn't expect the bronzer to actually show up.  Many reviews will advise you to use a light hand with the bronzer because it is so pigmented, but I had no problem with it, probably because I'm a little more tan.

The two concealers I got worked well; I put one under each eye to kill two birds with one stone.  I didn't use any setting powder over them and they didn't crease at all throughout the day.

Don't worry, if this is a little too much to take in, I definitely plan on posting reviews of most of these products, so stay tuned!  (And as always, feel free to comment below if you have any questions or comments.)

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment